Sun Kissed Days

Sun Kissed Days

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mom

I survived yesterday. My mother's birthday. The memories flooded in and out into my day. I had a dream with mom and dad and they were here. I woke up from the dream to an unexplained noise in the house. I looked down and I saw my dog Daisy was next to me sleeping in total peace. It was strange but later on before noon I received a call from a daughter of a business acquaintance  to tell me that her mother passed away. I could hear in her voice how she felt all broken and lost in grief. I explained that I too know the loss of losing my mom. And then she asked the question "does it ever get better?" and I took a deep breath and told her that it changes. I told her that when she thinks about the good memories that she has she will then realize that she was blessed to have the love that she had. I also told her that her mother would want her to be okay. I found the strength to comfort her even though I wanted to cry because this was my mom's first birthday that I would not be sharing .
I found the strength  because grief changes. It doesn't get better it just changes with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment