Sun Kissed Days

Sun Kissed Days

Friday, August 20, 2010

Fourth Grade

It was bed time and Daniel announced how happy he is that summer was ending and school was beginning.
There was savoring the last week of freedom. There was playing in the pool and going to the movies.
There was playing on the DSi  and a trip to Borders to buy book number eight of the 39 Clues series.
And today we went to visit his new classroom. He is entering fourth grade. I watched his excitement and  I took it all in. I was delighted that he will be in the same classroom with his best friend. I was delighted that his teacher stated that she is a creative instructor. I was delighted as he asked her questions  such as " are we going to learn mythology this year?" all due to  a creative influence from  the Percy Jackson series. I watched as I do many times. I didn't interfere when he said his strength was art. I didn't correct him. Because I believe in him. I value his thoughts and his dreams . If his teacher would have asked me what his strengths are  I would have said everything. He is a thinker and a dreamer and I love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment