Sun Kissed Days

Sun Kissed Days

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Daisy

My yellow Labrador Retriever is nine and a half years old. She is playful. She is loving. She is beautiful.  Lately I have noticed that her blond hairs are turning white. I  felt a quiet alarm. This morning Daisy's leg slipped. My stomach felt like a bottomless pit. I felt ill. I felt like I had just come off a roller coaster ride. This was the first sign that we had when Angel out German  short hair pointer began to deteriorate. It started with her leg slipping. Months followed of nursing her and struggling to maintain a quality of life for her. Daisy was sad when Angel passed. The change was obvious to us. She hid in a dark room at dinner time. She didn't wait for her treats. She was not hungry. Slowly she felt better and her sadness lifted. She is a happy dog. She greets me every day as she greets a new day with her tail wagging. I want to believe that her leg slipping was accidental. I want to believe that it won't happen again for a long time. I don't want to think about her falling ill. I don't want to think about saying good-bye.

1 comment:

  1. It's better not to be so dramatic. Don't think so much . Enjoy her now ! May be give her a bath today.

    ReplyDelete