Sun Kissed Days

Sun Kissed Days

Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

This morning I lingered in bed for a few moments. During the night I awakened to watch for the entrance light to be turned off. Once the light is off I can finally sleep in peace because I know Josh is home. Josh came home for the weekend from school and he went out with his friends.  I enjoyed cooking his favorite meals. This morning my husband and I were packing perfect measured meals. Picadillo, a ground beef Cuban dish with rice and beans. Carl was carefully measuring with his eyes and his touch to be certain that all the vacuum bags were equal in size. He made sure each one was a meal that would satisfy Josh. He froze the meals first. Afterward he vacuum packed them. The science behind that was so the potatoes don't become mashed potatoes in the process. " What a good dad" I thought to myself. Late this afternoon Josh left with his cooler packed with love. As he drove away I was sad. Sad to see him go. Sad because I don't know when I will see him again.  I held back from crying and then I smiled. I smiled because I am so proud of Josh. I am so happy that he is following his passion . I am so happy that he makes the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment