Sun Kissed Days

Sun Kissed Days

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Life

My son is in medical school. This week he begins a three week clerkship of Obstetrics followed by three weeks of Gynecology . I am amazed that he will deliver babies during this period. He will encounter parents that will be forever changed by the miracle of creating a life. What a wonderful experience to witness the ultimate celebration of life. It also occurs to me that he will also encounter those parents to be that don't wish to be parents. He will  be there for both. Such is life. It is not always black or white. There are always shades of gray. I hope that he will be inspired through it all. I hope that he will be moved. I hope as he observes he feels the wonder that life is.

3 comments:

  1. The maternal swell in your heart is palpable in these words. It reminds me that though we give birth to our children, their lives are solely theirs, not ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belinda, that is true and beautifully said !!!

    ReplyDelete