Sun Kissed Days

Sun Kissed Days

Friday, September 10, 2010

My man

In the kitchen we dance. We dance to a song by Christina Aguilera. I love my husband for all the obvious reasons such as his intelligence,his humor, his kindness. Yes, he is a wonderful father and a wonderful partner. Today I remember how he helped me to take care of my parents when they were ill. He helped them even though he didn't have much love or admiration for them. I remember how he rushed to Home Depot to buy a large piece of wood. The fancy bed they had bought from Neiman Marcus had no base for the mattress. My mom had rolled out of bed several times before he thought of this solution. My man was the one dad trusted with his medication when he had lost his trust in everyone else. He was patient to repeat the names of the medications and why dad had to take them. I remember it all. I felt lucky then. I feel lucky now. I close my eyes and wrap my arms closer to him.

1 comment: