Sun Kissed Days

Sun Kissed Days

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Potato Soup

My son Josh loves Potato soup. He can eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. When the soup is cooking he hovers around like a helicopter looking for a landing spot. Sometimes I think he dreams about it. Potato soup is not only good for his body but I believe it  feeds his soul. It's nostalgic for him. My mom would cook Potato soup for him when he was a child. Potato soup evokes memories of grandma and grandpa's house. I love to make it for him. He eagerly  tastes it and judges it at the same time. Last time that Josh was home he said to me, "it tastes like grandma's". I smiled and replied "finally!". I was just happy that he could close his eyes and the taste and smell can take him back to a happy memory. Here I am waiting to make another pot of  potato soup to feed my son's soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment