Sun Kissed Days

Sun Kissed Days

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Embracing the moment

I once had a neighbor that was wrapped up in her house. She would fret and nag her husband and her child if they brought in any dirt from outside. She was exhausted all the time. Her son was unhappy. Her husband was unhappy. Her tank ran on empty on most days. Another neighbor said to me " I don't understand her. I don't want my tombstone to say that my floors were always spotless. I wish my tombstone to state that I lived and loved." I thought about this today. Don't get me wrong a clean house makes a happy home. But when my son comes home from school and his sneaker is filled with sand I smile. I smile because I know that he had fun during recess. When we worry about the little things it makes us lose the big picture of  life. The things most important  that will make a difference in the long run. Taking time to be with our loved ones. Enjoying the fleeting moments that we have. A home need not be a pharmacy that is sterile. A home needs to be lived in. A home needs to be filled with love and sometimes chaos. Today I choose to live. Today I choose to breathe. Today I choose to dance with my husband in the kitchen. Today I choose to color with my son. Today I choose to let my dog snuggle on the Ralph Lauren quilt. Today I abandon turmoil and I embrace the moment.

1 comment: